During December, it’s easy to turn to the cookies and antipasto trays for a snack, because they are actually everywhere. Any office, home or cupboard you look in likely has some form of holiday treat, and it can be hard to know what to have instead on short notice. Enter: the best snack ever. (This one).
It has lots of protein, is crisp and sweet, and will hit the spot when you’re hungry between family holiday dinners.
Soynut butter brings lots of protein to the party, and has staying power to make the snack worth while, and the coconut yogurt brings iron, calcium and an amazing creaminess while avoiding dairy pitfalls.
Don’t let holiday treats get the best of you. Yes, they’re fun and it’s ok to have some, but they shouldn’t be a daily staple. Your body will thank you in the long run 🙂
Cool and Creamy Soynut-Butter Apple Dip
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: Nil
- 1 Apple of choice (I prefer something crisp, like Gala or Honeycrisp) cored and sliced.
- 2 tbsp Soynut Butter (or other preferred replacement)
- 3 tbsp Coconut yogurt
- Pinch Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Maple Syrup
- Slice the apples into a dish.
- In a small container, mix the remainder of the ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
It’s so simple, but I have never thought to try it until the other day, and I was so glad that I did, and I knew right away that I’d be sharing it with you today!
Sometimes the best ideas happen when you’re hungry!
I hope you’re having an excellent holiday time, and that you’re enjoying every part of it. I know I always hate when I get to the end of a holiday time and realize that I spent so much of it thinking about “the next thing” that I hardly remembered any of it. You only get one Christmas 2014, so don’t miss the point. Thinking that Christmas is about Santa is like thinking that New Years is about sparkly sweaters. It can be involved, but it’s not why we’re celebrating.
I hope that whatever tradition you are celebrating, that it’s very good!
Let me know if you give it a try, and also what your favourite holiday treat it! You can let me know in the comments below, on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest! I’m always happy to connect with you!
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- The time I achieved my (vegan) butter tart goals! (Encouraging Recovery Update) - March 18, 2016
- The time I walked forever…in a blizzard…with a cane. (A story of overcoming and kind GO Transit riders) - March 4, 2016
- The time I wanted to quit the gym (Recovery Update and Encouraging Bunny update) - February 26, 2016