For our mid-week article I wanted to share a dinner staple that is really helpful if you’re completing the 30-Day Candida Cleanse Diet. (We use it all the time, even when we’re not doing this cleanse). You won’t believe how easy it is, and how little preparation is involved. I’ve made this a few different times, and the seasonings and instructions are ironed out so that it will be a reliable favorite for you. My trusted recipe tester (Andrew) has given it his seal of approval.
This recipe is great for a busy weekday. The ingredients are readily available, and it goes together so quickly you can even do it in the morning before you leave.
Also, make sure that you check back on Friday. I am really excited to share that with you! Hint 2: I am having some help from some sweet friends
Infallible Crock Pot Chicken – 2 Ways
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cook time: ~ 5 hours (Crock Pot setting low)
- 1 whole chicken (trussed)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tsp parsley (dried)*
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (ground)*
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric*
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper*
- 1 tsp chili pepper (or to taste)*
- 1 tsp thyme (dried)*
(* = these ingredients are only used during the last 20 days of the cleanse. Omit them during the first 10 days.)
During the first 10 days:
– Add whole garlic cloves (3 – 4) and Bragg All-Purpose Soy Seasoning (2-3 tsp) to season the chicken prior to cooking.
- Remove the skin from the onion, and slice it into rounds, placing them in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the chicken, breast-side up, on top of the onion slices.
- If using spices, mix them together in a small bowl and then sprinkle them evenly over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low heat until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 180F. (Use a meat thermometer).
- Serve with quinoa and steamed vegetables.
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe as much as we do! Because it’s cooked slowly, the chicken stays very moist and soft. If you try it, let me know! Connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, or in the comments below! Make sure that you subscribe so that you don’t miss any updates!Remember: As the seasons change, new stressors are coming out. You don’t have to be miserable. Overcome inertia, and book. Or, if you have questions, contact me!
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- The time I achieved my (vegan) butter tart goals! (Encouraging Recovery Update) - March 18, 2016
- The time I walked forever…in a blizzard…with a cane. (A story of overcoming and kind GO Transit riders) - March 4, 2016
- The time I wanted to quit the gym (Recovery Update and Encouraging Bunny update) - February 26, 2016