This recipe is a stripped-down banana bread, and I was inspired to make it via this recipe. Not only are they full of potassium, but bananas also lend a little bit of vitamin B-6 and vitamin C to your diet, which is always nice. I really like a nice banana bread treat, but I was becoming hesitant to make it because it had a lot of ingredients that weren’t the best to eat all the time (sugar, processed wheat flour, etc). So, I came up with a version that is rich enough to be a dessert but also made up of good things that you won’t even think twice about having it for breakfast any day of the week. 🙂
Warm and Cozy Soynut Butter Banana Bread
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 C Oat flour
- 1/2 C. Rolled Oats.
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 1/3 C Soynut Butter (Unsweetened)
- 2/3 C Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg (ground)
- 1/4 tsp. Cloves (ground)
- Handful Thompson raisins (organic) (or: cacao nibs/pumpkin seeds/coconut, etc!)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas, and then combine in the soynut butter, applesauce, maple syrup and oil.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the remainder of the ingredients, and then add in the banana mixture. (Until just combined).
- Pour the batter into a parchment-lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the loaf no longer appears damp in the center (or internal temperature reaches 80C).
- Cool on a wire rack, and serve sliced.
- Bread stores well in an airtight container for 1-2 days, or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
I can hardly believe that January is almost over! It’s amazing! I hope you’re back into the swing of things! Looking forward to 2015 in BIE!
Need to book an appointment? Book today!
Have a great week! I’ll talk to you soon!
Have a great day!
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- The time I achieved my (vegan) butter tart goals! (Encouraging Recovery Update) - March 18, 2016
- The time I walked forever…in a blizzard…with a cane. (A story of overcoming and kind GO Transit riders) - March 4, 2016
- The time I wanted to quit the gym (Recovery Update and Encouraging Bunny update) - February 26, 2016