This recipe is a stripped-down banana bread, and I was inspired to make it via this recipe. Not only are they full of potassium, but bananas also lend a little bit of vitamin B-6 and vitamin C to your diet, which is always nice. I really like a nice banana bread treat, but I was becoming hesitant to make it because it had a lot of ingredients that weren’t the best to eat all the time (sugar, processed wheat flour, etc). So, I came up with a version that is rich enough to be a dessert but also made up of good things that you won’t even think twice about having it for breakfast any day of the week.
Warm and Cozy Soynut Butter Banana Bread
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 C Oat flour
- 1/2 C. Rolled Oats.
- 2 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 ripe Bananas
- 1/3 C Soynut Butter (Unsweetened)
- 2/3 C Unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. Grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg (ground)
- 1/4 tsp. Cloves (ground)
- Handful Thompson raisins (organic) (or: cacao nibs/pumpkin seeds/coconut, etc!)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas, and then combine in the soynut butter, applesauce, maple syrup and oil.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the remainder of the ingredients, and then add in the banana mixture. (Until just combined).
- Pour the batter into a parchment-lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the loaf no longer appears damp in the center (or internal temperature reaches 80C).
- Cool on a wire rack, and serve sliced.
- Bread stores well in an airtight container for 1-2 days, or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
I can hardly believe that January is almost over! It’s amazing! I hope you’re back into the swing of things! Looking forward to 2015 in BIE!
Need to book an appointment? Book today!
Have a great week! I’ll talk to you soon!
Have a great day!
Latest posts by Lindsay (see all)
- The time I achieved my (vegan) butter tart goals! (Encouraging Recovery Update) - March 18, 2016
- The time I walked forever…in a blizzard…with a cane. (A story of overcoming and kind GO Transit riders) - March 4, 2016
- The time I wanted to quit the gym (Recovery Update and Encouraging Bunny update) - February 26, 2016